Kent State University
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
** Refer to the brochure page below for official program dates.
Program Term: Summer
Expand your horizons through the four-week Kent State Xi'an Summer Institute. This program features a unique combination of KSU and host university courses, cultural immersion, and a multidisciplinary perspective that will benefit students from many majors!
Studying abroad is a truly transformative experience and one that equips students to become more independent, improves their leadership skills, and expands their worldview.
You'll spend your time living and studying in one of the most beautiful land historic cities in China. Plus, given Xi'an's central location, you can use your weekends to explore popular cities and cultural landmarks all across the province of Shaanxi.
As a student in the Xi'an Summer Institute, you will become a member of the international community -taking classes, participating in extracurricular cultural activities, and making new friends with people from all around the world.
Situated near the center of the ancient Xi’an capital, the XISU campus features convenient access to an array of cultural venues, traditional cuisine, and modern entertainment. Local XISU faculty and staff serve as a source of constant support and cultural engagement, providing a truly immersive experience.
ACADEMIC OVERVIEWStudents are required to enroll in 7 credit hours. All credits are transferable to Kent State University
Choose 2 from the following 3 options:
- Faces: Human Head Anatomy with a Forensic Art Focus, 3.0 credits, taught by KSU faculty (Dr. Linda Spurlock)
- Business Administration in China, 3.0 credits, taught by XISU faculty
- Cross-Cultural Studies: A China Perspective, 3.0 creduts, taught by XISU faculty
- Studying Chinese Culture Through Field Trips, 1.0 credit, taught by XISU faculty (mandatory for all students)
- SUMMER 2020: May 28 - June 28
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.0
- Full-time degree-seeking university student
- Earned a minimum of 12.0 credits
- No language requirement
TUITION & FEESProgram Cost
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
Financial aid and scholarships are applicable toward this program!
Financial Aid does apply to this program. Please speak with the Student Financial Aid Office for more information:
CONTACT US:Sara Morato
Assistant Director, Education Abroad