Kent State University
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: The start and end dates ARE NOT the official dates set by the program. They are estimated dates based on the previous year. Do not use these dates when planning flights.|
** Refer to the brochure page below for official program dates.
RIKKYO UNIVERSITY | TOKYO, JAPAN
Program Term: Summer
The Rikkyo Short-Term Intensive Japanese Program starts on Tuesday, July 3 and ends on Monday, July 23, 2018. The entire program comprises 45 hours of classroom instruction on Japanese language plus 25 hours of lectures on Japanese culture and society, including field trips. The program capacity is lim-ited. Upon completing the program, participants will be given a certificate of completion and an official transcript. The program is conducted at the Niiza campus. Participants need to arrive and check in at the accommodation on Monday, July 2, and check out on Tuesday, July 24th.
- Download program brochure here: Rikkyo Summer Intensive Program Summary
- Download program application requirements here: Rikkyo Summer Intensive Program Requirements
ACADEMIC OVERVIEW & REQUIREMENTS
- Application can be downloaded at https://cjle.rikkyo.ac.jp/english/shortterm/
Interested applicants must submit the following five documents to the Center for Japanese Language Education (CJLE) through the Internet (on-line) application. Besides, the letter of recommendation must be submitted to the CJLE by post before the deadline of March 20, 2018. The admissions will be confirmed after March 26, 2018. The program fee payment must be submitted by April 10, 2018.
- Application form including signature by applicant (PDF)
- Application form not including signature by applicant (XLSX)
- Copy of passport (PDF)
- Passport size photograph for student ID (JPEG or PNG)
- Latest official university transcript issued by the home university (PDF format)
- Letter of recommendation in sealed envelopes issued by an academic advisor or supervising professor at the home university
- July 3 - July 23, 2018
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 to be eligible for the program.
- Additionally, students must have taken classes at Kent State University for at least one semester before applying, i.e. students must have a Kent State GPA.
COSTS & TUITION*Please click on "Budget Sheet" linked at the top of the page.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR:Matthew Cintron
Education Abroad Advisor | Office of Global Education
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 (330) 672-3067