Kent State University
|Restrictions:||KSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF PORTUGAL | GLOBAL SCHOLARS EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Program Term: Semester
The Global Scholars Exchange Program fosters international and intercultural collaboration between Kent State University and Catholic University of Portugal in Lisbon while students gain global experience working with Portuguese graduate students and faculty as part of the two-year collaborative graduate program. Kent students in the Communication Studies program will spend the Fall semester of their second year of the graduate program. The Catholic University of Portugal is a private university that was established in 1967 in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
The following classes are offered*:
- Media Programming Strategies
- Digital Gaming
- Communication and Leadership
- Cultural Industries: Theory and Practice
- Media, Society, and Culture
- Television Studies
- Information Society, Knowledge, and Culture
ACADEMIC CALENDARThis program only runs in the Fall semester. Always check with CCI and the host institution before making travel arrangements to confirm dates.
- Students must be a graduate student in Communication Studies and not be under contract for a teaching assistantship or a graduate assistantship during their semester abroad.
- Students must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
- Students must first have approval from Communication Studies to apply.
- There is no language requirement (no previous knowledge of Portuguese required).
- Valid passport
- Valid visa: Students must consult the Consulate/Embassy of Portugal to determine their immigration requirements.
Students will stay at the City of Lisbon Foundation Student Residence facility. The facility features computer and study rooms with wi-fi, living and dining rooms, individual lockers, full kitchen, and laundry area. Students will share space with other students on the program, and share the cost of the apartment. Meals are not included in the cost of housing.
COSTS & TUITION
Students pay Kent State University tuition (Resident or Non-Resident) for 9.0 graduate credit hours. Housing and living costs will vary depending on the options students choose.
- Note: Housing fees must be paid a semester in advance, e.g. housing is due during the Spring semester for Fall study abroad.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
Financial aid and scholarships are applicable toward this program!
View a complete listing of available scholarships.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR:Stephanie Danes Smith
Assistant Professor | School of Communication Studies
Education Abroad Advisor | Office of Global Education
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-3067