Kent State University
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: Permission required to apply for this program. Do not use the dates above to book flights or make other arrangements. The dates are estimates based upon previous terms. Consult program coordinator.|
** Refer to the brochure page below for official program dates.
KENT STATE FASHION SCHOOL-REGENT'S UNIVERSITY LONDON
Program Term: Summer, Fall, Spring
For a summer or semester term, junior and senior level fashion design and merchandising students can earn Kent State University credits while taking approved Fashion School courses at Regent’s University in London. Classes are held in royal Regent’s Park and specialist studios in neighboring Marylebone Village, and offer an inspiring setting for creative and commercial talent. Students can choose either a design or merchandising specialization. The program will allow students to study in the heart of the fashion capital, with access to rich resources used by industry professionals.
WHY STUDY IN LONDON?
With a number of world-class fashion schools located in London, the city is an ideal place to forge a career in the fashion industry. London is one of the leading cities in the fashion world, and around half of the specialist fashion design jobs in the UK are located in London. London is home to a large number of internationally renowned fashion designers, including Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik.
In London, you will give yourself the opportunity to:
- Study in the heart of a fashion capital, with access to the same rich resources as industry professionals
- Gain an international perspective living in secure campus accommodations in royal park.
- Small group learning in specialist studio spaces around the fashion capital.
- Access to networking opportunities with industry experts through guest lectures, projects, talks, and events.
Courses apply to Fashion Design and Merchandising degree requirements. All Regent’s University London participants must maintain full–time enrollment.
- Students should speak with Professor William Perrine for more information on specific course offerings and recommendations from their Academic Advisor in the Fashion School
- Summer Term: approximately the end of May to the end of June
- Fall Semester: approximately mid September to early January
- Spring Semester: approximately mid January to mid May
- Approval by the School of Fashion
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 cumulative; 3.0 preferred
- Upon application, students must be enrolled in 30000 or 40000 -level fashion design and merchandising courses
- Valid passport. US citizens: no visa is required for this program
- International students must consult the Consulate/Embassy of United Kingdom to determine their immigration requirements
Regent's University London offers on-campus residence halls/flats. https://www.regents.ac.uk/study/accommodation/university-accommodation
Housing fee for SUMMER TERM:
- Single room on campus - £2,340 (+ £85 per week meal allowance)
- Twin room on campus - £1,910 (+ £85 per week meal allowance)
- Triple room on campus - £1,800 (+ £85 per week meal allowance)
- Single room on £5,970 (+ £85 per week meal allowance)
- Twin room on campus - £4,890 (+ £85 per week meal allowance)
- Triple room on campus - £4,600 (+ £85 per week meal allowance)
PROGRAM COSTS:Students pay a $60 application fee, $250 administrative fee, international insurance fee required by Kent State ($12.60/week), and additional costs will be based on Regent’s University tuition, room and board fees, and personal expenses. *See housing costs listed above by term.
- Full rate Tuition (Summer 2020)
- Full rate Tuition (Fall 2019 / Spring 2020)
- Approximate cost (per week)
- On campus (including meal plan) £278 - £365
- Privately rented £100 - £300
- Bills £10 (off campus only)
- Food £50
- Local travel £10-33
- Laundry £5-£15
- Clothing (if applicable) £10-£100
- Social activities £10-£50
- Mobile phone £5-£25
- Miscellaneous (toiletries, books etc) £10-£30
Professor William Perrine, The Fashion School
Sara Morato, Assistant Director, Education Abroad