Kent State University
Programs > Brochure
EHHS Buenos Aires Education Internship
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Outgoing Program)
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer Intersession||2019||02/01/2019 **||05/17/2019||06/16/2019|
|NOTE: The dates above are not the actual program dates. Do not arrange travel based on above dates. There is also a 8-WEEK PROGRAM (May 17th-July 14th) APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2/1/19 for BOTH programs. WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE: 2/15/19 for BOTH programs.* *if students withdraw after the withdrawal deadline, 100% of the program fee is due and will be charged to the student's account.|
|NOTE: The dates above are not the actual program dates. Do not arrange travel based on above dates. There is also a 4-WEEK PROGRAM OPTION (May 17th-June 16th) APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2/1/19 for BOTH programs. WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE: 2/15/19 for BOTH programs.* *if students withdraw after the withdrawal deadline, 100% of the program fee is due and will be charged to the student's account.|
** Refer to the brochure page below for official program dates.
EHHS BUENOS AIRES EDUCATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Available Terms: Summer
Language Prerequisite: No
Primary Instruction Language: English
Eligibility: 2.5 GPA
This unique internship program includes a 4- or 8-week international experience in which students will be mentored in a bilingual school and have the valuable opportunity to take part in an education field/internship experience. The program includes placement with a certified teacher mentor (with a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience and at least 1 year with our schools) teaching in a bilingual or international K-12 school where the student teacher may teach all subjects in English, in their subjects of expertise such as (math, science, literature). Spanish is not required, as all subjects will be taught in English.
For more information about the program, please visit http://www.globalearn-it.com/kentbuenosaires.html
SUMMER TERM: 4-week program: May 17th - June 16th | 8-week program: May 17th - July 14th
*Students are encouraged not to book airfare prior to confirming arrival/departure dates with program coordinators.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2/1/19 for BOTH programs
- WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE: 2/15/19 for BOTH programs.
*if students withdraw after the withdrawal deadline, 100% of the program fee is due and will be charged to the student's account.
Participants must be a current degree-seeking Kent State student, have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, and be formally nominated by their Academic College or appropriate Study Abroad Coordinator.
Students will reside in local apartment housing in close proximity to the school/educational site where the internship will be conducted.
- $3,150.00* *estimated 4-WEEK PROGRAM FEE
- $4,200.00* *estimated 8-WEEK PROGRAM FEE
- $600.00* *estimated EXCURSIONS PACKAGE FEE
- Program fee includes:
- All application fees and interview process for placement into the program.
- All program fees, and guidance fee in Argentina related to the student rotation
- Airport pickup, meet and greet (Arrival must be after 9:30 am)
- Bus, Subway and Train Sube [Office1] [A2] card with initial load
- Transportation to Airport on your return (late afternoon flights).
- Shared Apartments during your stay (up to 8 weeks) These are fully furnished apartments full kitchen move in ready (sheets, towels, dishes pot pan, Internet , TV,)
- Introduction with teaching mentor.
- Globalearn mentor - Lifelong resident of Buenos Aires available 24 x7 to help students with day to day issues.
- Argentina preparation and orientation information.
- Advice, assistance, and guidance before, during and after your stay from our local staff.
- Group rate discount on local travel and networking with other students for activities.
- Emergency advice from local staff contact from Globalearn.
- Cell phone Rental with Local Buenos Aires number with incoming calls free and inexpensive minutes available for outgoing calls
- SUBE Card (used for payment to ride BUS,Train, Subway in the city of Buenos Aires)
- Program fee does NOT include:
- Airfare to Argentina
- Travel insurance
- KSU tuition
- Contact the Office of Global Education:
- Education Abroad Division: email@example.com