Kent State University
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||KSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: The start and end dates ARE NOT the official dates set by the program. They are estimated dates based on the previous year. Do not use these dates when planning flights.|
** Refer to the brochure page below for official program dates.
ESC RENNES, FRANCE | SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Program Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
Students study at the ESC Rennes School of Business, one of the 36 elite management schools in France, and learn about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability in the global business arena. There is a 2 week summer option as well as the option to study for a semester. For a video of the school visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iueaYNn-RhY&feature=youtu.be
For the summer program:
Course Title: Responsible Management
Students complete 30 hours of in-class studies (3 credit hours), working with other exchange students from all corners of the globe. Daily lectures are paired with individual and group work to make up the course content and all classes are taught in English. The course itself teaches students how to optimize the triple bottom line in management positions and the importance of environmental, social, and economic sustainability in a corporate setting. The program includes cultural visits and some excursions, such as trips to Dinan and Saint-Malo, and students are encouraged to explore and experience the culture of the historic city of Rennes.
To find out more about the summer exchange program, please visit: https://www.rennes-sb.com/programmes/summer-programme/
For the semester program:
For the semester, students can choose from a variety of business classes ranging from economics to marketing. Classes are offered in English and in French, and there is the option to take a French language class.
- The Summer program generally runs the last two weeks of June (June 11 to June 21, 2019).
- The Fall semester runs from September to December. The Spring semester runs from January to April.
- Always consult the host university's website https://www.rennes-sb.com/programmes/exchange-programme/ and your Advisor before finalizing flight arrangements.
- Students must be a business major or minor and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Additionally, students must have taken classes at Kent State University for at least one semester before applying, i.e. students must have a Kent State GPA.
- For the summer program, students need to have completed at least 2 years of college.
- For the summer program in addition to completing this Kent State University program application, students must also complete the ESC Rennes summer program application.
After acceptance, students will receive a list of housing options from ESC Rennes. Students are then responsible for reserving their own accommodation (via email) for the entirety of their stay in Rennes. Past students have stayed in short-term apartments and hostels.
COSTS & TUITION
Students pay Kent State University tuition (Resident or Non-Resident) (i.e. 3 credit hours for the summer program and 12 credit hours for the semester) and are responsible for their airfare to and from France, in-country housing costs, and all meals while abroad.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
Financial aid and scholarships are applicable toward this program!
View a complete listing of available scholarships.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR:Molly Papay
Education Abroad Advisor | Office of Global Education
email@example.com | 330-672-3067
Student Advisor | College of Business, International Programs Office
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-1280
Brandon Shields, MBA
Assessment and Accreditation Analyst, Office of the Dean
College of Business and Administration