Kent State University
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||KSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: The start and end dates ARE NOT the official dates set by the program. They are estimated dates based on the previous year. Do not use these dates when planning flights.|
** Refer to the brochure page below for official program dates.
EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY OF MADRID | MADRID, SPAIN
Program Term: Fall, Spring, Academic Year
You can check out the course catalog for examples of the classes you may be able to take. Updated course listings are made available after students have been accepted. Course syllabi are available online. Students are required to choose one "subject area" and all courses taken must belong to that chosen category. Students cannot enroll in courses from a different subject area or school.
Transcripts are typically released 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester.
After requesting courses, students will receive their schedule in advance from the UEM International Office. Changes in course schedules can be made upon review after arrival.
ACADEMIC CALENDARThe university runs on a trimester system.
- Students who want to go abroad during our Fall semester, would attend Trimester one, September - December.
- Students who want to go abroad during our Spring semester, would attend Trimester two and three, January - June.
- This program is open to students of all majors.
- The minimum GPA requirement for this program is 2.5
- Additionally, students must have taken classes at Kent State University for at least one semester before applying, i.e. students must have a Kent State GPA.
- It is suggested that students have intermediate Spanish fluency and is required for any courses taken in Spanish.
UEM's campus is located outside of downtown Madrid. Students can choose to live in Madrid or closer to the university. UEM has two university dormitories - Villaviciosa de Odon and Leonardo Da Vinci residences. Other accommodation options suggested by UEM can be viewed through these agencies:
COSTS & TUITION
Students pay Kent State University tuition (Resident or Non-Resident) for 12 credit hours. Housing and living costs will vary depending on the options students choose. Total estimated costs can be found in the Budget Sheet at the top of this page.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
Financial aid and scholarships are applicable toward this program!
View a complete listing of available scholarships.
PROGRAM CONTACT:Molly Papay
Education Abroad Advisor | Office of Global Education
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 (330) 672-3067